Explore [ ik spláwr ] • verb
1. travel through (an unfamiliar area) in order to learn about it.
2. inquire into or discuss in detail.
3. examine or scrutinize by searching through or touching.
4. evaluate (a new option or possibility).
......The Compact Oxford English Dictionary
The practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) may be as ancient as China itself. For over 5,000 years, Chinese physicians have used herbs, acupuncture, massage and the mysterious discipline of Qigong to prevent disease and treat ailments.
Today, in modern China, TCM remains a trusted and integral part of healthcare. Yet, in Western countries, most healthcare professionals have only a cursory knowledge of this ancient and effective modality.
TRAVEL to China with Explore! TCM Tours!
- We offer customized, small group exploration in China and the Tibet Autonomous Region for healthcare personnel and others interested in exploring TCM and China.
- We specialize in custom explorations – we go where YOU want to go!
- NO large groups following behind a guide with a megaphone
- NO tourist traps or tourist restaurants
- We help you design your dream vacation…”dream it and we will do it”
- Our trips are privately guided by knowledgeable English-speaking guides
- We personally cater to our guests’ schedule, interests and budget
INQUIRE into how your profession is practiced in China.
- Meet with your Chinese colleagues at hospitals, clinics, pharmacies, nursing and medical schools
- Share your areas of expertise and interest
- Exchange professional and personal points of view
- Develop friendships that will last a lifetime
EXAMINE what China has to offer YOU
- Observe the practice of TCM in hospitals and clinics in China
- Learn the basics of herbal therapy, acupuncture, moxibustion, massage therapy, Qigong and the myriad of disciplines that make up TCM
- Practice the breathing exercises of Qigong
- Learn the beautiful movements of Tai Qi Chuan
- See the Ancient and New in China
- Learn about Tea and Cuisine
- Visit Temples and Monasteries
- Immerse yourself in the Culture that is China
EVALUATE how you are transformed by your exploration of China and TCM
- With our help, evaluate what destination or experience in China is right for you
- “Certainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living.” – Miriam Beard